Shine N Share is when a blogger takes over the Afrobloggers Twitter Account to share his/her blogging journey . This is happening every Sunday from 9am to 7pm CAT. (Times and dates are negotiable due to time differences)
Your moment to shine…
The major objective of our twitter account takeover is to help bloggers to promote their work and brands in a comfortable and enabling environment.
- The sessions offers exposure to a wider regional audience and network.
- Bloggers get the chance to forge future collaborations with storytellers from other African countries.
- It is also an opportunity to learn new things and can be used to crowd source solutions through information exchange.
- Helps increase traffic for one’s blog as many people will flock to your blog during the session.
Eligibility and Application
All African Bloggers are eligible to apply for a slot. Photographers,poets,pod-casters, video bloggers, are all welcome. To book your click button below:
So you are interested but…
You don’t know what you would do if you takeover the account, where would you even begin? Most guests usually do the following:
- Introductions: who they are, where they from, what they do and share links.
- Talk about their journey so far and where they see themselves
- Discussions: Fears, strengths weaknesses
- Interactions: Ask and answer questions on all things creative field related
- Share Tips and lessons that may be helpful
- Spotlight your favourite Bloggers and share links
- Invite bloggers to share their links
- Do polls
- Shamelessly self-promote your work and invite dialogue
This is not an exhaustive list and each Shine N Share host experience is different, some guests plan for their sessions well in advance, others just wing it as they go but at the end of the day all agree that the community is awesome. Read what others said below:
- Mpho Mashita: Afrobloggers Account Takeover Experience
- Nicole Kurebweseka: Afrobloggers Twitter Account Takeover
- The Qurter Wife : My Afrobloggers Twitter Takeover
- She Xpresses Blog: Curating @Afrobloggers on Sunday Takeover
Even if you decide that taking over is not for you, please do support our session by dropping in on our Twitter timeline on Sundays and interacting with the bloggers during their Shine N Share moment!
What we expect in return…
Although not compulsory, we highly encourage that you do a write-up, sharing your experience and observations, it helps us better understand our community and might be insightful to the next host.
We urge all who partake to observe civil rules of engagement, respecting differences in opinion,ethnicity, religion, cultural backgrounds and nationalities. Views that are prejudicial, discriminatory or gratuitously offensive will lead to termination of the session.